Cloud-based protection offered by Panda
At present, having a reliable antivirus protection against all sorts of malware that can infect us from the Internet is almost a must. From harmful software to ransomware, phishing, spyware or adware that can jeopardize our PC, the information we store on it or our banking details.
If you're looking for free and constantly updated protection, Panda Free Antivirus offer you exactly what you need. It's an online antivirus that runs on the cloud and, therefore, can be updated instantly.
A cloud antivirus with plenty of advantages
The advantages offered by this cloud antivirus to its users are mainly focused on three aspects:
- Lightweight: since the toughest part of the work is carried out on the cloud, our system won't be affected by a heavy resource consumption.
- Simplicity: no complicated updates or configuration options as all the latter are carried out on Panda's servers.
- Safety: it comes along with an updated database with latest malware references without the user having to worry about the latter.
Constantly updated and efficient protection.
This antivirus software runs in the background although we can carry out different kinds of system and hardware analyses. Here are its main features and functions:
- Customized system analysis, in-depth or by critical areas.
- Protection of USB connections.
- Process monitoring.
- Possibility to handle the protection of other devices (Android, macOS, and iOS) from the control panel, downloading the corresponding software.
- Creation of rescue kits.
This is what Panda's basic free protection offers us, but we've also got the chance to improve and upgrade our protection level to Advanced and Complete. These versions protect the download and sharing of files as well as the security of online shopping and the blocking of unsafe Internet websites.
This software, previously known as Panda Cloud Antivirus, has always received great reviews and ratings mainly due to how light, fast, and efficient it is when it comes to detecting and neutralizing risks and threats.
Which one is better? Panda or Avast?
Both are two of the most popular and downloaded free antivirus solutions, so it's hard to decide which one to go for. Panda's program stands out above the rest, including AVG and Avira, for its light weight so if you're worried about resource usage, you should definitely decide to download this option. However, Avast is considered one of the most complete solutions mainly due to its shields that offer advanced protection for the operating system.
In any case, if you decide to go for this Free Antivirus, you won't have any trouble or run any risks if you use your computer as any average user.